The meeting ID is provided to group members separately. If you wish to join our group or if you are a member and you need to know the phone number and meeting ID, please send email to email@example.com or contact Chris or Elissa at the phone numbers listed on our web site’s Contact Us page.
You do not need to download the Amazon Chime app in order to attend our meetings via laptop/desktop computer. See the Amazon Chime web site, https://aws.amazon.com/chime/, for more information and for instructions on how to use their app.
You also do not need to sign up for an Amazon Chime account. It seems that linking your Chime app to an Amazon account leads to some of your personal information being visible to others (see the “Your privacy” section).
- In a web browser, enter https://aws.amazon.com/chime/ in the address bar. You can also enter chime.aws; this will automatically redirect you to previous web address.
- Press the “Join a meeting” button.
- You will be taken to the next screen. Enter the meeting ID (provided to group members separately) and press the Next button.
- Enter a screen name of your choice and press the Next button.
- Choose your desired type of audio/video connection.
- If asked, allow Amazon Chime to access your device’s microphone.
- If you connected online, use the Chat box at the lower-right portion of the screen to let the moderator know if you wish to speak or if you need technical assistance.
- Those who connected online can use the controls at the top of the screen to mute/unmute, enable/disable their device’s camera, and to leave the meeting (among other things).